Erik van Blokland on Drawing
Submit your Garamond g's from Week 1 HW. If you didn't finish coloring yours, have it colored in black (pencil or marker, just make it as dark as possible) for next class.
Revise—using the sketching and tracing techniques—and finish your "New York City" lettering pieces.
Write a brief paragraph that answers these 3 questions and post them as one comment before the beginning of next class:
- What font(s) did you use as reference for your drawing? why did you choose that one? What characteristics of the font attracted you to it?
- What was the most difficult and the easiest part of this exercise?
- If you could make a change to your NYC lettering piece, what would that change be?
Scan your New York City lettering piece and save it as 300dpi high quality jpegs inside the Lettering folder on the Shared Drive as:
BRING NEXT WEEK
- Your NYC lettering piece: the original on tracing paper and the printout where I can write notes.
- Post your writings on the comments section and be ready to read your paragraph at the beginning of next class.
If you missed the first class, check out the Alerts section.