Complete your portfolio, export a pdf, and sent it to me via email.
YourName_Typography-PartA_CaslonPortfolio.pdf or YourName_Typography-PartA_BodoniPortfolio.pdf
To see what an ideal (A student) portfolio looks like, check the portfolio sample below:
The postcards on the Portfolio sample are my own designs and are only there to give you an idea of how much you can do with only a few letters. I expect you to come up with your own designs.
- Character Set Composition: Design a composition showing all the letters that you have digitized.
Typography I Composition: Design a composition using the letter that make up the words Typography I.
Majuscule Composition: Design a composition using only an uppercase letter.
Minuscule Composition: Design a composition using only a lowercase letter.
Typographic Detail 1: Design a composition showing off a detail of an uppercase letter.
Typographic Detail 2: Design a composition showing off a detail of a lowercase letter.
Book Cover 1: Design a book cover using the letters from your revival typeface.
Book Cover 2: Design a book cover using the letters from your revival typeface.
- Download the template in the "Download" section.
- Design you postcards on each of the Artboards.
- Export files as PNGs and make sure to check the box that says Use Artboards
- Place the exported pngs on your portfolio
- Make sure your type is not stretched.
- Make sure you answer all the questions.
- Make sure your scans are at 300dpi and your work is not accidentally cropped.
- Make sure your comments are set in Minion Pro 9/12pt. Your character panel should look like the image below.
The Wolpe Collection by Monotype
An Interview with Dan Rhatigan by Monotype
DUE NEXT WEEK
A printed and digital submission (pdf via email) of your completed portfolio.