Our guest critic this Spring is my friend and former colleague Javier Viramontes. He is a Graphic and Type Designer based in Brooklyn, NY. He is a also a full-time faculty at the University of New Haven where he teaches Design and Typography. Last October, he released his second typeface Kawak via LatinoType. I'm very happy to have him with us today.
The critiques will start promptly at 6:30pm. Please sign up for a slot as soon as you enter the classroom, hang your posters and have your booklets ready to present and ask questions.
Please give a concise presentation of your project. When you present, talk about the following:
- Give a brief introduction about your architect and his/her work.
- Talk about why you chose that architect.
- Talk about your architect's design aesthetic/ideology/practice and how that is reflected on your posters and booklet.
- Talk about the concept behind the lecture series and and how you made that concept visual through your posters and booklet.
May 15 — Final Deliverables for critique
Bring your final draft of the posters and the brochure for critique by a visiting guest critic.
We will begin promptly at 6:30pm so be on time and ready to present. Each student will get roughly 5-8 minutes.
Sign up at the beginning of the class.
May 22 — Final Exam (Bring Everything)
More details on this later but for now, please bring the revised versions of the following:
- MLK Booklet (just bring the most successful one out of the three).
- Type Specimen with Specimen Sheets
- Final Project posters and booklet
FINAL EXAM SCHEDULE Here
Our final class will meet on Monday, May 22 6:00pm-8:15pm
Please sign up for a one-on-one meeting today as soon as you enter the classroom.
Bring all of your work and all of your questions :)