Typeface Mechanics: 001 by Tobias Frere-Jones
Typeface Mechanics: 002 by Tobias Frere-Jones
Drawing for Interpolation
The Bézier Game
Type Terms Cheat Sheet
Type Cheat Sheet
Hand Lettering: How to Vector Your Letterforms by Scott Biersack
Adobe Illustrator Pen Tool Tutorial for Logos and Typography
Revival Project Source Files inside the Revival folder on the Shared Drive
DOWNLOAD from the Revival folder inside the shared drive:
- Bodoni Bold and Caslon Heavy (AI or EPS) Templates.
- Bodoni_Words and Caslon_Words (AI or EPS) Templates.
Toolspace by Jan MIddendorp
Font Men by Dress Code
Introducing Johnston100 by Monotype
Matthew Carter: My Life in Typefaces
Modern Techniques for Digitizing Script Alphabets by James Edmonson
Tobias Frere-Jones: Break Things Deliberatly
Adobe Illustrator Pen Tool Tutorial for Logos and Typography by Matt Borchert
Scan today's Garamond R exercise and upload it to the Lettering folder on the Shared Drive as:
Download and complete either the Bodoni Bold or Caslon Heavy revival worksheet using the Prototyping technique shown in class. Make sure to check the Drawing for Interpolation reference sheet as well as this vectorizing tutorial. When you're done, save it as a pdf inside the Revival PDF's folder in the Revival folder on the Shared Drive as:
For Bodoni, typeset the words delegated, leagued, and eagled
For Caslon, typeset the words stylistic, nittily, and instils.
Write a brief paragraph answering these questions and post as a comment on the blog.
- What was the easiest and hardest thing about this assignment? Talk about your process/experience of digitizing your lettering piece.
- What was the hardest and easiest letter (or part of a letter) to draw? Why?
- What do you think are your strengths and weaknesses?
Print and hang both of your revival worksheets at the beginning of next class.